Property – investment or your own home
“If you always do what you have always done, then you will always get what you have always got”
When it comes to dealing with property, you can treat it like any other transaction, find a house, get your finance, pay the seller then move in or rent it out. Or, simply find and agent sell your house and move on to the next one. Easy.
But, “if you always do what you have always done, (or what everyone else has always done) then you will always get what you have always got”.
Like many things, you will get a better outcome when you work with people who have the right skills and expertise to help you make the right decisions.
And by doing that, you may just save tens of thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands, of dollars. (see example for Malcolm and Jenny)
The good news is, it’s not hard to get the right outcome, but it is hard to get the right help. The great news is, if you choose us to help you and also assist with your finance and loans, then we will pay our costs for you. In other words, our help is FREE to you, when we also help arrange your finance and loans.
Here are some points to consider in all of your property and associated lending and tax decisions.
Think about the who, what, when, where and why of your decision.
- Who are you dealing with and what is their background? Are they suitably qualified to give you advice and guidance? Or, are they a well versed sales person who seems to know what they are talking about?
- Who is taking responsibility for the decisions being made? Where does the accountability lie?
- Who is driving the process? If it’s not you, why not?
- What are you trying to achieve?
- What are you buying?
- House, Unit, Flat?
- Part of a development? Established home, off the plan?
- What are the pro’s and con’s of not selling?
- What are the costs of what you are doing, now and in the future?
- Is now the right time, for you, to be buying or selling?
- Is it the right time from a tax perspective?
- Is it the right time from a retirement perspective?
- Can you afford it right now?
- If not now, then when?
- Where are you buying?
- Where do you want to live, now and in future years?
- Will that location help fulfill your objectives?
- Why are you buying or selling?
- Why now?
- Why are you buying the type of property you are buying?
These are just some of the questions that will help you get the right outcome from your property decisions. They don’t necessarily make the process any easier, but they are certainly worth considering, if you truly want the right outcome.
Keep in mind that the right outcome for you will be different than the right outcome for someone else. All you need is the right help ……
Our Assistance Includes:
- Pre-purchase property reviews for tax, cash-flow, ownership and loan outcomes
- Guidance on property ownership
- Preparation and Lodgement of Loan Applications
- Property Portfolio Reviews
- Guidance when purchasing a property for home or investment
- Personal Accounting and Income Tax Advice
- Tax Returns (including property)
- Cash-flow Management for Property Portfolios
- Tax effective loan structures
- Loan Restructuring
- Preparation and Lodgement of Income Tax Variations